Nasaleze by Vivitas
A nasal spray that can be used by anyone
Do you or your child suffer with seasonal allergies? If so, you know it's been a particularly difficult allergy season in many areas of North America. Dry, hot weather has made where we live an allergy sufferer's nightmare, with high pollen counts and still air masses.
My son's allergies have been particularly bad. He has been waking up with his allergy symptoms already in full swing, from itchy eyes to a hacking cough. Obviously, allergens are getting into his system even in the night, and even though we are keeping the windows closed and the air conditioning on.
I suppose you just can't keep a 6-year-old boy indoors enough! He is likely tracking the pollen into his room, where the ceiling fan keeps it circulating.
The best strategy with any allergy is to avoid the allergen, but you can't avoid something in the air, can you? The theory behind Nasaleze is yes, you can.
In fact, the theory is pretty simple: Since the body is designed to help keep out airborne particles, perhaps it's possible to enhance that ability. According to the insert in Nasaleze's packaging, studies have shown that by using natural mucus enhancers, it is possible to filter out airborne allergens in the nose.
How does Nasaleze do this? It employs a natural cellulose powder of vegetable origin. This powder is free of the most common allergens, including artificial preservatives, flavors, colors, wheat, gluten, yeast, sugar and starch.
The Nasaleze powder is administered with a dispenser that looks similar to a nasal spray. It's very simple to use; my 6-year-old had it figured out after the first time.
Here's what I really liked about it: There is no active ingredient. It's completely safe even for pregnant and breastfeeding moms! All Nasaleze does is help to create a colorless, mucus-like gel lining in the nasal passages that acts as a barrier against your specific allergen, whether it be pollen, dust or animal dander.
After the first use, my son was asking to use it again. Even he could tell that it worked! You need to use it after every time you blow your nose, but there are no limits for its use because it isn't a drug, so you can't overdose on it.
The main drawback is that it is expensive. One small bottle provides 200 doses, which is a 30-day supply, and costs about $20. However, for a completely safe, rather effective allergy treatment, this may be a small price to pay.
Monique L. Attinger