What is "Well Controlled" Asthma?
Well-controlled asthma is the objective of all patients who have asthma. Here is a list of criteria used by your physician:
- Daytime symptoms of asthma less than 4 days a week
- Night-time symptoms of asthma less than 1 night a week
- Capable of normal physical activity
- Mild, infrequent exacerbations
- No absenteeism due to asthma
- Fewer than 4 doses per week needed of a fast-acting beta2-agonist, apart from a daily dose before exercise.
Volume 1, 2005
Allergy & Asthma News
Advertiser Links for Asthma [what's this?]
Next Article:Beating the Pollen Blues